WHAT YOU CAN DO: 28 April 2018 update
On 28 April 2018, after 3 years of secrecy in planning and criticism of their proposal, the Premier and Arts Minister announced that the Powerhouse Museum would be relocated to Parramatta and only a cultural precinct would be retained in Ultimo.
For those who disagree with their proposal, now is the time to write to NSW politicians to express your personal and social concerns. You can find MP’s email addresses below.
From your particular perspective, you may choose to write to all ministers, one or more political parties, your own MP – or everyone!
- You can find MP’s email addresses here: NSW MPsApril 2018
- For extra information, refer to this Powerhouse Museum Alliance website for: Latest news, Summary of position and Upper House Inquiry, as well as: Find out more and What the experts say.
- You may also choose to submit your letters to the Inquiry as they will inevitably refer to terms of reference 1(a), 1 (c), 1(d), 1(e) and 1(f) Powerhouse Museum especially 1(e). See Inquiry here, and address email to The Hon Robert Borsak MLC, Committee Chair, General Purpose Standing Committee No 4, Legislative Council, Parliament House, Sydney NSW 2000, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request a meeting with your MP: use this link to find your local MP’s contact details and request a meeting.
- Write letters to the editor: write to the Sydney Morning Herald here, or to the Daily Telegraph here.
- Call in to talk-back radio.
- Stay in touch and have your say on social media such as the PowerHouse Museum Alliance Facebook site, and the Save the Powerhouse Facebook site.